University of Texas at Arlington
Bret started working in the Construction/HVAC industry in high school as an HVAC Service Technician for the same company that would later evolve into Air Balancing Company in 1987. Since that time, Bret has been an integral part of ABC’s growth through effective leadership, extensive business knowledge and a keen understanding from having worked hands-on in the field. In 2002, he became the official owner. Ten years later, he shared ownership with his wife, Tracy.
Bret graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Economics. Bret’s professional certification and licenses include:
- Associated Air Balance (AABC) Test and Balance Engineer
- AABC Commissioning Group (ACG)
- LEED® Green Building Accredited Professional
- State of Texas Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Contractor (Lic.#TACLA16743C)
- OSHA 40 Certification
- Past ACG Board Director and co-author of the ACG Commissioning Guidelines
- Served seven years in US Army Reserve as a Crew Chief on Huey helicopters
- FAA Commercially-Rated Pilot
- FAA A/P Rated Mechanic
- Serves on the Fort Worth Airpower Council, a non-profit organization supporting local veterans
Outside of work, Bret’s interests include aviation, community service, hunting, fishing, snowboarding, travel, and enjoying family time.