Air balancing is testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) commercial air conditioning and ventilation systems. The need for balancing first came in the early 1980’s when new and more advanced A/C systems were being developed and installed. As these systems began to get more complex, the need for balancing increased. Most companies were not equipped to handle the TAB inspections. Independent TAB companies were created to handle these tasks.
- Set up the amount of airflow that is distributed from each air diffuser.
- Measure total airflow on all A/C and exhaust systems.
- Balance airflow on each supply and exhaust grille.
- Measure volts, amps, statics, RPMs, temperatures, and set minimum outside air requirements on all A/C units.
- Balance water flow on all pumps, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, and air handling unit coils.
- Sound and vibration if required.
Does your building require an evaluation or review of equipment you don’t see on our list? We can help. Our years of experience and knowledge can create a solution to fit the specific need. We are known in the industry as solution-oriented troubleshooters.
- Ultra-Sound Measurements
- LEED® IAQ Measurement
- Sensor Calibration
- Control Sequence Testing and Timing
- Central Plant Optimization
- Existing Conditions Documentation “As Built”